Microsoft Outlook is an email client which provides multiple operations such as to send/receive emails, managing and storing the information. But sometimes, Microsoft Outlook prompts an error “0x800ccc0e” that breaks the continuity of Outlook. This Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e code generally occurs when there is an issue with Outlook during configuration of an email account. It means Outlook is unable to authenticate the user’s email account. It occurs when there is a conflict between SMTP servers while using the email. In this bog, we will focus on various attributes which cause a 0x800ccc0e error with its possible solutions.
While sending an email, Outlook email server authenticates the email first. Whenever the outgoing mail server rejects the email account, it prompts the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e message code as shown below,
“Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on your_account.com. reported error (0x800CCC0E): ‘Microsoft is not able to download the folder (null) for account email@example.com from the IMAP mail Server. Error: Unable to connect to the Mail Server. If continue receiving the same error message, contact Server administrator or ISP (Internet Service Provider)’”
Causes Of Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
There are several reasons which may cause Outlook to prompt this error, some of them are as follows,
- Inappropriate email account settings
- Incorrect ISP connection
- Damaged Outlook data file
- Faulty Outlook add-ins
- Poor internet connectivity
- Firewall which blocks the MS Outlook
Multiple Tips to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
By understanding the issue which corrupts the Outlook to generate this error, flow the methods discussed below:
1. By Changing SMTP Port Number
Basically, a 0x800ccc0e error occurs due to a discrepancy in outgoing server SMTP port. The below steps helps to resolve this error
- Launch Outlook email account.
- Now, go to Tool >> Account settings.
- After this, an Account settings window will appear. Click on Email tab >> Email Account.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear as Change Email Account. In that, click on More Setting option.
- Now, another pop-up window will appear as Internet E-mail Setting. Select the Advanced tab from the menu bar.
- After this, locate the Outgoing Server (SMTP) and make the port number as 587.
- Finally, click OK to apply the changes.
By this method, the SMTP port number is being changed. Once the process is done, restart Outlook and try to send the emails. If the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f does not occur, it means the error has resolved successfully.
2. By Repairing Outlook Account
- Go to Control panel >> Programs and features.
- After that, find Microsoft Outlook (any office application that comes-in as per the Outlook version) and select it.
- On Programs and features window, click on Change and select Repair from the window which appears.
This process enables to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0e.
3. By Authenticating SMTP Server
If the Outlook is unable to authenticate the outgoing SMTP server, it encounters a 0x800ccc0e error. Below steps helps to fix this error.
- Firstly, open Outlook program and click on the Tools tab.
- On the Account settings, click on the Email tab and then select the email account.
- After that, click on the More Settings tab from the Change Email Account pop-up window.
- Now, click on the Outgoing server tab from the Internet Email Setting pop-up.
- After this, check on My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Finally, click the OK button to finalize the process.
4. By Deleting Duplicate Accounts
Duplicate accounts cause dispute and confusion in managing the email account. Hence, it is advised to delete which will help to fix Outlook error.
- Initially, open Outlook and select the Tools tab.
- Now, go to Account settings and click on the Email tab.
- Select the duplicate account which shows up.
- These accounts can be removed by clicking on the Remove button.
After the process is completed, restart Outlook and check if the error persists.
5. By Disabling Anti-virus Program
Outlook 0x800ccc0e error occurs if the anti-virus is enabled on the system. As this prevents emails from sending/receiving thereby leads to serious Outlook error. Hence, it is suggested to disable the anti-virus program temporarily while sending/receiving the emails.
6. Using Inbox Repair Tool
Even after applying the above methods which do not rectify the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e, then it could be due to PST or OST corruption. Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe is a built-in tool from Microsoft enables to resolve minor corruption in the Outlook data file. However, this tool does not work if the OST file is badly damaged.
Alternative to Manual Method
Outlook 0x800ccc0e error is one of the common error which is faced by Outlook users. Even though manual methods can be applied but there are several drawbacks such as lengthy steps may lead the user to skip steps or a non-techs-savvy user may find it complex. In order to overcome this problem, one can use a third-party utility named, Outlook Recovery Tool by SysTools. It is an efficient and hassle-free tool to repair the damaged PST files and retrieves the Outlook data files having contents which have been permanently deleted. It is capable to maintain the original format and the metadata intact after the recovery is done. It also allows the user to export and repair the PST files selectively or in multiple Outlook files.
In this blog, we have mentioned various reasons which cause Outlook 0x800ccc0e error with its respective manual tricks. The manual approach is cost-free and can be easily executed by following the above-given methods. However, if the manual approach does not work to resolve the error. In such cases, it is advised to divert to a third-party tool named Outlook Recovery. It is a user-friendly tool which enables to resolve the error efficiently.