Most of the Outlook users have encountered unexpected errors or bugs which disturbs the workflow. One such error is Outlook error 0x800ccc92, which is quite common these days especially with Windows 8 and 10 users. This error restricts the ability to send and receive emails and makes the situation more complex. When such an error occurs, it is advised to fix it immediately. Apart from blocking the emails to send/receive, it also makes the data inaccessible and unreadable and at times slow down Outlook processing and freeze the Outlook unexpectedly. This blog mainly describes the various manual method which helps to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
Possible Reasons for Outlook Error 0x800ccc92
- Invalid entry of username and password information
- When the Outlook data files are corrupted or damaged
- Improper configuration settings in Microsoft Outlook
- Frequent failure of POP3 and SMTP protocols from the server
- Inappropriate synchronization of Outlook and server
- Virus intrusion to the PST data items in MS Outlook
- PST file exceeds beyond the fixed file size limit
The below user query will help to understand the situation more clearly, it is a relevant scenario which is related to Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
“I have been a frequent Outlook user. Recently, I faced some kind of problem in my Outlook. I can neither send emails or receive them. I have reset the configuration settings from the help menu and still, it prompts Outlook 0x800ccc92 error. Every time I try, it fails and suddenly my Outlook freezes. Please help to resolve from this error.”
Manual Method to Fix Outlook error 0x800ccc92
- Recheck the Username and Password: It is observed among many users that they have entered wrong input to the credentials. This factor leads to discrepancy in sending or receiving emails. Hence, this issue can be overcome by rechecking the credentials whether the details entered are correct or not i.e., ensure to make proper entries in the required parameters.
- Analyse the Web Server Settings: It is important to check the server settings before making the situation worse. Hence, make it a mandatory practice to check the settings of the mail server i.e., POP, IMAP, SMTP, etc. Then, the user can re-add the account. In case of less assurity, make sure to check the below-listed table and correct the errors accordingly.
Note: The above-mentioned settings are valid only for Gmail and Hotmail account. Suppose if, the user is connected to its own domain.com profile, in such case make sure to use the domain.com account settings. To make the correct setting entries, contact the domain provider and ensure to avoid getting Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
- Maintain Outlook PST/OST File Size Limit: If Outlook data file i.e., PST & OST file exceeds beyond the file size limit, it can cause problem resulting to receive Outlook error 0x800ccc92. When the PST file is optimized, it not only counters the error from reappearing, but it also improves the overall functionality of the application. In order to enhance the Outlook from avoiding to receive send receive error 0x800ccc92, follow the below-mentioned steps:
I. Setting an Auto-Archive Option in Outlook 2013
- Firstly, open MS Outlook >> File >> Options.
- From Outlook Options box, click Advanced option.
- Under AutoArchive, select AutoArchive Settings button.
- Now, set the Run AutoArchive every option as 14 days.
- Mark all the boxes as shown below and click OK.
II. Executing Auto Archive Manually
This approach is easy and generally followed to avoid getting send/receive Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
- Open MS Outlook and go to File menu and select Cleanup Tools option.
- Then, click on Archive option and select the files to be archived.
III. Fetching Details of Archived Folder
It is generally observed that the Archive Items folder does not appear until the existing emails are archived successfully.
The below steps helps to search and view the archived data:
- First of all, open Outlook and click File menu and choose Open & Export option
- Select Open Outlook Data File and choose the required file to be opened and click OK
Disclaimer: The data file name which the user has opened will be available in the Navigation panel, which is below an ordinary set of files.
The below steps will help to determine the archived data file name to be opened:
- First of all, click on File tab >> CleanUp Tools >> Archive.
- Now, take a look at the Archive file and check whether any information is modified or not. In case, if it is modified, Outlook will send the archive messages to any location. The Archive file information is usually complex which makes the user difficult to memorize.
- To close the Archive data file, under the Folder panel, right-click the archive data file name and select Close Archive option.
IV. Clean Up the Deleted Items Folder
- Before cleaning the Deleted Items folder, if the user has accidentally deleted some message and needs to be restored.
- Then, it can be achieved by simply dragging those OST/PST data files from Deleted Items folder and dropping them to the desired folder.
Follow the below-stated steps to remove data from the Deleted Items folder from MS Outlook,
- Initially, go to File menu and select Options and click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Outlook Start and Exit, check the box and select Empty Deleted Items Folder upon exiting option.
- Then, click OK which will remove the Deleted Items folder automatically.
- To notify before you delete, click Advanced tab and choose Prompt before Deleting Items check box.
- This approach will help to avoid getting Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
For Outlook users, it is common to receive different unexpected errors making them clueless. Outlook 0x800ccc92 is one such error, which can be easily resolved using the manual method which is clearly mentioned in this blog. By reading this blog, one can try various manual approaches to solve Outlook error 0x800ccc92 in a seamless way.